AEV is a laboratory that has been certified in line with the criteria set out in standard UNE-EN ISO/IEC 17025 for the development of tests defined in its technical scope.
We test systems, components and separate technical units according to the parameters established in regulatory acts on vehicles, their systems and components, in accordance with the provisions set out in regulatory acts on vehicle approval.
We carry out tests to legalise vehicle reforms, control of the conformity of production and check compliance with regulatory requirements.
Our most frequently requested tests are:
- Bench testing of rear underrun protection devices in accordance with the requirements of Regulations (UN) 58R03 and (EU) 208/2018.
- Lateral protection testing in accordance with the requirements of Regulation (UN) 73R01.
- Braking tests on vehicles in category M1 (passenger cars) and N1 (vans and SUVs) to legalise alternative tyres, suspensions or modifications to the braking system.
- Steering tests on vehicles in categories M1, N1 due to variation in road width or replacement of tyres with other alternatives.
- Braking tests on vehicles in category N (lorries) due to modification of the distance between axes outside of the standardised values, change from towing to fixed unit and conversion to towing vehicle, replacement of tyres by other alternatives, increased MAM of the vehicle, etc.
- Braking tests on vehicles in category L (motorbikes) due to replacement of tyres with alternatives, changes in the braking system, etc.
- Braking tests on tractors due to replacement of tyres with other alternatives.
Rear-view mirror testing due to changes in body structure exceeding the maximum approved body structure widths.